All Are Welcome
So many churches say they are welcoming and that all are welcome. At Thanksgiving Lutheran Church (TLC), it is actually true.
On April 30, 2006, we adopted this “Reconciling in Christ” (RIC) statement:
” In faithfulness to the Gospel, we respond to God’s compassionate love with openness of heart and spirit. Thanksgiving Lutheran Church (TLC) is a Reconciling in Christ (RIC) congregation. We welcome and accept gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people and their families as full participating members of the congregation. We welcome and accept all people regardless of their cultural or ethnic background, physical or mental abilities, socio-economic or marital status, gender or age. God loves us exactly as we are. This congregation welcomes you, exactly as you are.
”What types of people have worshiped or are worshiping with us regularly?
- Partnered, single and divorced gays and lesbians
- Partnered, single and divorced Transgender individuals
- Partnered, single and divorced straight people
- Marginal and homeless
- Recovering and not quite recovering alcoholics
- People who rescue pit bulls
- People who raise pure bred dogs
- People who play music and sing
- People who sing off key
- African American, German American, Swedish American, Eritrean American, Canadian American, Asian American, (you get the picture)
- How do you identify? Put those words here…
- If you don’t want to identify with any word, you are also most certainly welcome
Dogs & Church
All are welcome – you and your dog are welcome at any service…
Sunday services are Sunday by Zoom at 9am.
Contact the church office for a link: thanksgivinglutheran@gmail
Janet Blair is theologian, writer, teacher, and an ordained pastor in the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. She is currently serving a joint call with Thanksgiving Lutheran Church and Knox Presbyterian Church. Pastor Janet has a Doctor of Ministry degree at the Lutheran Seminary in Philadelphia on Cross-Cultural Ministry. Pastor Janet lives in Santa Rosa with her spouse, Valerie, and their two cats.