Mission, Vision & Values
Reconciling in Christ
Our Relational Covenants
Calendar of Events
This Weeks Lessons
Audio Sermon Archives
Greetings from Pastor Jean
Groups & Activities
Heavenly Hell Raisers
"The Trumpet" Newsletter
The Trumpet archives
Subscribe to The Trumpet
Thanksgiving Lutheran Church
We read these covenants together, as a spiritual
discipline, prior to every gathering and meeting in our church (except Sunday worship).
This includes Council and committee meetings, and any other gathering (such as a
property workday, Bible study, youth group activities, etc.).
This covenant serves to remind everyone what kinds of behavior - "holy manners" - the
congregation values and aspires to achieve.
"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with
compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Bear with each other, and
forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord
forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together
in perfect unity." (Col. 3:12-14)
1. We surround our gatherings with prayer and reflection, and invite God into
2. We cherish and respect everyone and actively listen with an open heart to
each person's concerns, feelings and/or opinions.
3. We each express ourselves in a loving, honest, and respectful manner.
4. We are a forgiven people. We each strive to forgive ourselves, offer
forgiveness, and take the first steps toward reconciliation.
5. With humility we embrace conflict as a source of creativity, improvement
and progress. We persevere in resolving difficult issues in a loving supportive
6. Our unity is not in our "agreeing to disagree" but is found in our baptism.
We each take responsibility for our part in the decision making process,
and uphold the mutual decisions of TLC made for the common good.
7. We engage all into the life of the church, encouraging the use of
their unique gifts and talents. We prayerfully support and trust those
in leadership roles.
8. We each take responsibility to share and seek out information regarding
the life and work of our church. The channels for communication and
decision making are continually updated and publicized.
| O Lord, make me an instrument of Your Peace!
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is discord, harmony;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light, and
Where there is sorrow, joy.
Oh Divine Master, grant that I may not
so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
Click Here for a Printable PDF version of this page.