About UsWays that we live our mission every day.
Mission, Vision & values
When you walk into our services, our mission is apparent:
Welcoming, Inclusive, Joyful, Serving the Community.
“In faithfulness to the Gospel, we respond to God’s compassionate love with openness of heart and spirit. Thanksgiving Lutheran Church is a Reconciling in Christ (RIC) congregation. We welcome and accept gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people and their families as full participating members of the congregation. We welcome and accept all people regardless of their cultural or ethnic background, physical or mental abilities, socio-economic or marital status, gender or age. God loves us exactly as we are. This congregation welcomes you, exactly as you are.”
Care & Prayer
Our Relational Covenants
- We surround our gatherings with prayer and reflection, and invite God into each encounter.
- We cherish and respect everyone and actively listen with an open heart to each person’s concerns, feelings and/or opinions.
- We each express ourselves in a loving, honest, and respectful manner.
- We are a forgiven people. We each strive to forgive ourselves, offer forgiveness, and take the first steps toward reconciliation.
- With humility we embrace conflict as a source of creativity, improvement and progress. We persevere in resolving difficult issues in a loving supportive manner.
- Our unity is not in our “agreeing to disagree” but is found in our baptism. We each take responsibility for our part in the decision making process, and uphold the mutual decisions of TLC made for the common good.
- We engage all into the life of the church, encouraging the use of their unique gifts and talents. We prayerfully support and trust those in leadership roles.
- We each take responsibility to share and seek out information regarding the life and work of our church. The channels for communication and decision making are continually updated and publicized.
Our Relational Covenents
We read these covenants together, as a spiritual discipline, prior to every gathering and meeting in our church (except Sunday worship). This includes Council and committee meetings, and any other gathering (such as a property workday, Bible study, youth group activities, etc.). This covenant serves to remind everyone what kinds of behavior – “holy manners” – the congregation values and aspires to achieve.
Outreach to the Community
Here are ways that we support the community both near and far:
We Gather Every Sunday